radiator removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

i need to remove a radiator in the on-suite.
Thing is i have only ever taken rads off that are part of a combi system, its never been a problem as the rads have always had 2 shut off valves.
The house i am in now, has an ideal classic boiler system.
I can only see 1 valve on the rad.

What do i need to do to remove the rad????

thanks

Sponsored Links
thompy said:
Hey guys,

i need to remove a radiator in the on-suite.
Thing is i have only ever taken rads off that are part of a combi system, its never been a problem as the rads have always had 2 shut off valves.
The house i am in now, has an ideal classic boiler system.
I can only see 1 valve on the rad.

What do i need to do to remove the rad????Drain Down :cry: What`s on the other end :?: Has the 1 valve got 2 small pipes going into it :?:

thanks
you`re welcome ;)

At the side of the main knob You should see a little cap that you can unscrew... Under that you will see a slotted screw.. Turn it clockwise to close the return and turn the main knob to close feed.

I also have them on old system ripping them out at moment and fitting new rads and TRV's

Good Luck

Mick

cheers boys,

am i ok to run hte CH with the rad off and valves isolated?

Ta

Sponsored Links
Maick ??? Who the hell is that :confused:

Does your valve look like this

radvalve.jpg

thought you said only one valve on rad ? So pipes do go into both ends then ?

Other side will be a lock shield with a cap on top

Mick Leek said:

radvalve.jpg

Which dirty minger owns that rad, not been cleaned since god were a lad!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:oops: Guilty as charged officer.. BUT i do have a small excuse, we are in the process of building an extension and the bathroom where that is doesnt have a floor at the moment..

Does that excuse me from the dirty looking vale gov ? Eh , does it eh, eh,

Thanks

Mick Leek said:
thought you said only one valve on rad ? So pipes do go into both ends then ?

Other side will be a lock shield with a cap on top
errr, NO.........could be a one pipe system :idea: THAT`s why I asked what`s on the other end.........old one pipers can have a M.Iron/copper no valve ;) .....no flies on me...just the marks where they`ve been :rolleyes:

Expertboy said:
Mick Leek said:

radvalve.jpg

Which dirty minger owns that rad, not been cleaned since god were a lad!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Going off the subject a bit where can i get these valves from{in the UK} i have a rad that needs one replaceing .Does the one in the pic use smaller bore pipe?
Thanks Mark

Yes uses 10mm micro bore pipe.... You can have these when i take them off if you want... In fact, i threw 3 away last week :( Sorry

Mick

PS, Sorry Nige F, didnt realise it was YOU asking under a different user name.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back