Radiator Tail Extensions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone used these before? I've just bought a couple today to use on a job later this week and I'm not too impressed by the look of them. Am I buying into a whole heap of trouble somewhere down the line( or possibly the same day)?

Sponsored Links
Used quite a lot of them, but had a few a while back that cracked with a near invisible hairline crack when the valve tail was inserted and done up causing it to drip :evil:

Aw gawd. Thanks for making my day with that little snippet. I was more concerned about the fact that there was just an "o"ring making the seal, now I've got hairline cracks to worry about. Thanks Dave.

Never had any problems with the 'o' ring seal.

Just don't tighten the valve tail into the extension too tight. It may have been this that caused the hairline crack with mine. Didn't think I had done anything different at the time though.

They seem a bit more delicate that the standard in rad thread.

Sponsored Links
neva had a problem with um leaking jus luk a bit nasty! i tend to use the extended tail pieces or the ones with a drain point on um, jus think they luk a bit betta than a lump of chrome!

p1052609_l.jpg

This is what I bought from SF. I've had a look on a couple of websites in the last few minutes and the one's I have seen seem much more robust and less likely to leak. I think I'll feel better if I try a different product. Thanks for the replies.

I thought so, that's why I posted a pic. Not having used these things before, I just picked these up at SF. Not impressed by them. There is an "o" ring inside the nut and the extended tail just slides in and out. I can imagine that any deflection will result in water all over the place. Will look for something decent tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back