Radiator Thermostaic Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a flat with a Potterton Puma 80e combi boiler feeding the central heating. There is one radiator without a thermostatic valve. It gets very hot and is on constantly, can some one tell me if this is a system requirement or can I get a thermo valve fitted?

At the moment the rest of the flat is at a good temperature and my hallway is boiling.

An other query, how do you top up the CH pressure on the 80e. In my old flat it was easy I just turned a valve and checked the gauge till it was at the right level.

Thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
you need the rad without trv to provide min flow thro boiler to stop it overheating

can also be done with pipe between flow and return with a gate valve fitted

filling system should be same :D

You need to fit a room thermostat or a programmable room stat, Kevplumb is right about min flow thro boiler, best scenario is TRVs on all rads except hallway and programmable stat fitted in hallway on inside wall away from radiator, honeywell CM67 works well or Drayton RF2 digistat wireless ones make for easier fitting if running cables is a problem.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back