Radiator Trv's have been replaced but not working properly

well take solace in the fact you will probably get all new trvs (gratis) because some clever clogs thought he could take a short cut. I would take up the matter with the area manager

Sponsored Links
well take solace in the fact you will probably get all new trvs (gratis) because some clever clogs thought he could take a short cut. I would take up the matter with the area manager

I'm on a service plan through home serve. He replaced all the valve heads to be on the safe side as they were all starting to warp and it would have ended up a repeat call out like it already is.

We all make mistakes, difference is the self employed pay for it out of their own pockets. Not sure I've ever seen a warped trv? Broken yes. They should have changed the whole trv, if the other functioning ones were looking iffy then they should have advised and booked for replacing the lot.
They took a punt and it didn't work. Now you are left with a poorly functioning heating system. They need to correct thier mistake at no cost to you

When I say warped I mean the plastic lugs had snapped off that hold it to the valve body.

Sponsored Links
Update as promised

By 1930 this evening we have the job completed. Original engineer was going to be sent and called me asking "what the problem was" I explained that the valve bodies needed replacing. He denied they needed to be and said that they were fine and they were either on or off and his words were "your reading too much into it". I was very annoyed? They still failed to attend within the time I booked. I rang to complain that he hadn't arrived and they then escalated it and sent another guy out who had been here since 1445 and we now have working trv's and a fully functioning system.

Thank you for your reassurance that I was right all along.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back