Radiator TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
A friend offered to move a radiator for me and add a small radiator, whilst I was on holiday.
When I returned I noticed that two of the radiators have the TRVs on one pipe, but the third rad has the TRV on the other pipe, friend says this will not matter, but I am concerned that third rad will not work.
What do you experts think.
Thanks
Hardley

Sponsored Links
It depends whether they are bi-directional or not. If they have two arrows going either way on the main chrome body of the valve you should be ok. If there is just one arrow then it wont work properly.

It depends whether they are bi-directional or not. If they have two arrows going either way on the main chrome body of the valve you should be ok. If there is just one arrow then it wont work properly.

that is not necessarily the case, it depends which way round the valve is fitted.
in any case the chances are that the valve is bidirectional (most are now) & it will be fine.
if the system develops juddering noises, vibration when c/h is on this may indicate a problem.

don't worry about it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies, I did not want to try it out, as if it is wrong i've got to drain down again, to change TRV over to the other pipe.

TRV is fairly old and has two arrows on the body, both pointing upwards.

This radiator is the last one, in the room, assume water then goes back to the boiler for reheating.
Hardley

turn heating on.
hold pipes at either end to determine which gets hot first.
now you know which direction.
compare that to the arrows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back