Radiator under Breakfast Bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My new kitchen layout means that our existing radiator will fall under a breakfast bar. Is this going to greatly reduce the effectiveness of the radiator or should it still function properly.

The radiator is a double radiator, 80cm wide and our worktop is going to be ganite and apporx 60cm deep.

Moving it to another location will be very awkward but if the radiator is going to be rendered useless under a worktop then I'll definitely have to move it.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
a worktop is just like a shelf it will push the heat out into the room, and its good for putting your tootsies on in the winter while you have brekkie :LOL:

Excellent! That saves me a nightmare job of moving the pipework. :cool:

Like the thinking for the winter, I can picture myself there already! :D

Cheers for the quick response.

The downside of course is that it will be too hot near the rad to actually sit at the breakfast bar if the rad is the only heatsource for the room.

Sponsored Links
is there a trv on this radiator if so take the head off of it and it and the radiator will still convect loads of heat doing this will reduce the chances of it shutting down to early due to it being in a enclosed space

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back