Radiator Valve Cap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I’m trying to find some radiator valve caps for our radiators that will be toddler proof.

We have microbore pipes and it’s for the other side of the radiator to where the thermostatic valves are.

We currently have only the basic ones on there that just rest on the top and can easily be pulled off.

Does anyone have any ideas? Are they all universal? Ideally something easy to fit as I have no plumbing knowledge!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
depends on the type valve, some have screws in them and you then screw it onto the valve.

Alternatively I guess you could glue them on, again though it would depend on the valve and cap.

Attachments

• 9CDCD30F-4380-4311-AE02-B09CEA7E4AE9.jpeg
    9CDCD30F-4380-4311-AE02-B09CEA7E4AE9.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 130
The size of the pipe is immaterial, you only get push on caps for that type of valve, if you know any plumbers or heating engineers they will probably have loads of spares and will be happy to give you some , when you buy the valve you get two caps depending on how you are using the valve so you have a spare with every valve

Sponsored Links
.... or you could simply leave the caps off for 12 months or so, until the toddler gets bored with playing with them ;).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back