Radiator Valve Dual Flow Thermostatic 15mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a couple of radiators in my house, but have ben recently told that fitting Thermostatic Radiator Valves may cause problems!? Does anyone know why this might be? The heating is run from a combi boiler.

Sponsored Links
as long as the system is clean and you fit them the right way round or get bi directional shouldnt be any probs
dont fit one in the room where the stat is tho
if one of your rads has two l/s valves dont fit one to this either :)

Thanks for that.

Just one other question: as I said I am replacing a couple of rads, do I need to drain the system first? Is it completely necessary?

Sponsored Links
just drain down.....connecting a hose to the drain valve and watch tv for 30 mins..check it empty and do the work..then fill up adding some inhibitor

If you replave rads you usually have to go a bit shorter, and mount the rad so it lines up withe valves, then use short extensions. If you turn the valves off, take the bits out of the old rad and use them again, you only have to.drain the one rad.

Thanks for your help so far.

I had already removed one rad to do some decorating... Just put it back for the moment before I change for a new one.

The problem I now have, is that the top half is cold. I tried bleeding it but that did not seem to solve it. Neither air nor water came out. Any ideas?

My boiler has no water in it, it is quite litterally boiling!

It is a Worcester 24cdi rsf which requires a plastic key to fill. However the key has gone missing! Is there another way by which I can fill it, as I currently have not hot water!?

Sorry mate. :cry:
The Worcester has a plastic key which you need to insert to allow you to refill via the round valve.
Can you not borrow one from someone until you get chance to buy :)

Thanks for confirming my fears. I thought that would be the case! I don't know where the hell it has got to.

I can't really borrow one unless I go knocking on peoples doors at 10pm on a Sunday night! Argh.

Cheers anyway!

:oops: It was there all this time! Was it F***! Can't find it anywhere. It seems to of evapourated, much like the water in the boiler!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back