RADIATOR VALVE POSITIONS ON RADIATOR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'M THINKING OF PUTTING A TALL NARROW TOWEL RAIL RADIATOR IN THE BATHROOM. ALL PHOTOS IN BROCHURES SHOW RADIATOR VALVES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE RADIATORS, BUT IT WOULD BE VERY EASY FOR ME TO CONNECT TO THE TOP OF THE RADIATOR AS THE TOP OF RAD IS NEAR THE CEILING. THERE WOULD BE NO CHASING OF PIPES, AND JUST 2 SHORT VERTICAL DROPS TO THE RAD VALVES. WILL THIS WORK? THERE ARE 4 TAPPINGS ON THE RAD I FANCY :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
THANKS FOR RESPONSES
AS IT'S A PRESSURISED SYSTEM I'M GUESSING THAT THE DISTRIBUTION OF WATER INSIDE THE RADIATOR WOULD BE THE SAME? :confused:
AS FOR BLEEDING, THERE'S NOWHERE FOR THE AIR TO GET TRAPPED?

Why not try it and post the results for us.

I'm always ready to learn from this site. :D

If the flow does 'short circuit', is it possible to arrange a 'dip tube' on the valve connections, extending down inside the rad. to near the bottom?

Same sort of idea as some of the old microbore rads with both connections at one end.

Of course, you would then have to put a 'pinhole ' in the top of one of the dip tubes to bleed air out, as you would have nowhere left to fit a bleed screw.

Thinking a bit further... You would probably only need a tube on the return valve....

A radiator the full height of the room connected up like that will take about 6 months to heat up. :rolleyes:

As scatman says this won`t work only the top few bars would get hot. What about dropping pipes directly behind the legs of the towel rad and conecting at bottom . From head on you hardly notice pipes

The 'dip tube' solution would work perfectly well! You can (I think) still get '2 in 1' valves that include a dip tube intended to run along horizontally inside a rad (but in your case would carry the Flow down to the bottom of the rad).

THANKS CROYDONCORGI. :)
I'LL CHECK OUT THE DIP PIPE OPTION.
GOTTA MAKE A DECISION SOON. THE WIFE WANTS SOME PROGRESS ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back