Radiator with no flow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a property and can’t seem to get any heat in this 1 radiator. I have had the radiator off and flushed it out to see if it is blocked but it is clean as a whistle. I have hot water coming to the ‘in’ valve as the pipe coming out of the wall gets hot but nothing coming out. I have looked inside the valve and it looks clean but there is just no flow.
Is it possible for the elbow/bend directly before the valve to get blocked?

Attachments

• IMG_9194.jpeg
    IMG_9194.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links
Are both valves fully open?
Don't assume they are.

Lefty loosly righty tightly

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks for the replies @BlueLoo & @CBW. When I had the radiator off the wall I opened the valve on the right in the image (exit valve) and water came gushing out a good pressure (back pressure) the one on the left however when opened had just a mere trickle coming out when open and no radiator attached. The valve itself inside looked fine and clean and pipe leading up to the valve was warm/hot to touch.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Turn off all the others and leave just this one open and check if it gets hot.

Any chance you might trace the pipe back to its origin?

Wondering if it's been tee'd off the return of something else. Unlikely but you never know.
As @denso13 says. Let it have the undivided attention of the boiler and pump.

If it gets even a little warm, then you may be able to get cleaner flowing to clear any blockage in the pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back