radiator wont bleed!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, got a new radiator that only the bottom get hot. Tried bleeding but cant get any water out at all even with the bleed nipple completley taken out? every other radiator in the house is fine. Ive just tried turning all of the other radiators off apart from the one in question and even with the return turned off surley it should pi$s out? any ideas?? its a back boiler system with pump thanks

Sponsored Links
blockage behind the bleed nipple. stick a small allen key down it and get the nipple back in quick :LOL:

Is there any evidence of water flow i.e does the bottom get hot.

The correct way to bleed i believe is when the system is cold and off. The motorised valves need to be opened manually to allow the gravity of the cold water feed to drive the air out. Also both the valves on both sides of the rad need to be open.

Hope i'm not stating the obvious :confused:

Sponsored Links
cheers nickso you little beaut, i took the nipple out and put a hair clip in and its unblocked it! the mrs will be pleased when she gets home, shell have a hot bedroom tonight! ill tell her it was all my owm work obviously ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back