RADIATOR WONT HEAT UP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
last night i turned one radiator off in my bedroom, and now it wont heat up again! all my other radiators are working as usual but this one wont get hot.
can anybody help?? my bedroom is freezing! :(

Sponsored Links
I'm wondering if the valve that you turned last night has actually got stripped splines.....in other words, when you turn the plastic knob the valve beneath isn't turning?
Its an idea to take off the plastic knob (often a screw in the centre) and turn, anti clockwise, the brass spindle beneath with some pliers.
John :)

If your radiator has a TRV (Thermostatic Radiator Valve) there's a strong possibility that its stuck in the off position......
In this case, the plastic valve body needs to be removed, and you'll see a metal pin that needs to be pulled upwards a bit - carefully!
Sometimes a tap on the side does the trick, but otherwise the pin needs to be pulled up with pliers. Gently does it!
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back