RADIATORS DOING MY NUT IN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for more advice please. 2 radiators in living room exact same size both fitted with TRV's and same pipework. 1 on flow side and 1 on return side of other.

Thay are balanced as they both heat up at same time. TRV's seem to work as I can shut one or other off if required.

However, when both are on and set to same setting on TRV, one stays on for longer while the other cools down more.

The one that stays on for longer is on interior wall next to living room door(trv on return), the other is directly opposite on exterior wall(trv on flow).

I think they should both shut down at same time when they have reached the temp required by TRV if they are set the same. Or am I being a plank?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
One point to note - the settings on TRV's aren't that accurate so a slight difference between the two wouldn't be a surprise. . . . and not really a problem. Just set one a little higher / lower

trv's dont work as well on the return, and although most are bi-directional, they work better on the flow. Cheaper ones are not very accurate either, check curtains or anything not covering them either, it can effect the performance, as they sense the room temp and shut down slowly are room reaches temp selected.

How do you know both parts of the room are at same temp ?
The one staying on longer near door maybe loosing heat out the door so trv not getting to temp same time as the other.

Sponsored Links
Is the room hot?

If so maybe don't worry about what's the issue?

I can't imagine ever even noticing this let alone having time to worry about it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back