Radiators Getting Hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar HE Plus combi boiler that dates from around 2003. We have it serviced every year under a Worcester Bosch service plan. We noticed last summer that the radiator in our bedroom was getting hot. When the service was due the engineer changed the actuator on the diverter valve but not the valve itself. Now it's summer again we have noticed the radiators are getting hot again.

The engineer reckons it is a design feature that when you turn a hot tap off it has to dump the primary circuit water into the heating circuit. It sounds like baloney to me. It sound to me like a faulty diverter valve.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Tim.

Sponsored Links
Dirverter or blocked secondary heat exchanger. Is the hot water temp steady, and how hot are rads getting?

Dirverter or blocked secondary heat exchanger. Is the hot water temp steady, and how hot are rads getting?

The flow seems good from the hot taps/shower etc. It does seem to take a while for the hot water to come through though. Initially it was the radiator farthest from the boiler downstairs, it reaches around 50+ degrees C. This rad does not have a TRV on it. I shut off the valves and the problem has moved to one of the radiators in the living room which does have a TRV. Even with the TRV on 0 it was getting hot, so I shut off the lockshield. It's now probably moved on to another rad but I don't know which one. I will check them again next time someone uses the shower or bath when I am home.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back