---- radiators going cold

the system has been installed illegally... Building Regs require all new installs have a room thermostat.

probably the trvs are cheap crappy ones, if the pins are constantly sticking shut.

you get what you pay for..

Sponsored Links
the system hasn't been installed illegally. They fitted it with trvs on 4 of the 5 rads, but i have had to remove them as its the only wa i can get them all to stay hot.. I am more than aware of the builing regulation requirments regarding trv's as i have contacted corgi direct

it is illegal as from 2005 part L1 of the buiding regs require that all new installs have AT LEAST cylinder stat, room stat, programmer (time control)and TRVS!!

Sponsored Links
if i turn the boiler down though, will it still get my room hot?

The room is a great temp when the boiler is on full and the trvs have been taken off.

If the trvs are on, then the lliving room rad will go cold after 1 hour. yet its the biggest room. i have the same rad in both my bedrooms and they dont go off????????????????????????? so why only the living room 1, the room that we need the most heat

they are coming next week to fit a room stat to see if that will rectify the problem.

Its anniying as i paid 2200 for system a nd it hasnt worked. its all brand new and is only 3 weeks old

no didnt get a room stat.

Its only a 2bed house and its a small modern house, u know what they are like, tiny things.

Well they said next week.

So do you think a room stat will sort the problem?

Why don't you just turn the boiler down to half way, worst that happens it that it doesn't work. Then guess what, you can turn it back up to full where it doesn't work anyway!!!!

My guess is the trvs are faulty - for a start the boiler stat should be at about 80.

i came on here for advice, not to be belittled.

I have tried it and it still goes off.

But with all due respects i would rather not have to turn itr down, as i had a system fitted to keep me warm, not just for the rads to hang on the wall and look good

thank you jack, at least i am getting civil answers from you.

I have tried turning it down but it still went cold so i put it back up again...

And for all you that are sayoing i havnt tried to turn it down etc and are trying to make a fool of me,.... Guess what i have tried. DIDNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE

jack

also they have changed the trvs twice now and it still makes no difference. They have also changed the valve too

They have been out again today and said that because we are having the boiler at max temp, 90deg, the trvs are cutting off as they trvs will only let the rad go to a certain heat.
Who determined the number and size of your radiators?

If the system has been properly designed, you should not need your boiler thermostat any higher than 75°C.

TRVs react to the temperature in the room. The temperature of the water has very little effect.

When the installers balanced the system, did the leave the TRV tops on or take them off?

All new systems must have a boiler interlock, usually a room thermostat. This is emphasised in the Ferrolli Manual

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back