Radiators in a ground scource heat pump heating system?

As elec prices follow gas prices then as I see it there is little likelyhood of there ever being an advantage of heat pumps when you have a gas supply.

Can anybody suggest a cheap source of tube to bury on spec?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Getting back to rads :D

at the moment I have a "Normal" sort of pragramme - on from 6am till 11am
then 4:40pm till 10pm.

In the heat pump (as I understand it) you more or less leave it always on?
would that fact negate the need for larger rads at all?

In my little head it seems that it would (half the temp difference for twice as long) ??? :LOL:

thanks

Mike

In my little head if it cannot get warm at 80 degrees then it will only get half warm at 50 !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Getting back to rads :D

at the moment I have a "Normal" sort of pragramme - on from 6am till 11am
then 4:40pm till 10pm.

In the heat pump (as I understand it) you more or less leave it always on?
would that fact negate the need for larger rads at all?

In my little head it seems that it would (half the temp difference for twice as long) ??? :LOL:

thanks

Mike

Mike, most have weather compensation & work on the basis of checking external temperature with a thermistor sited on a North elevation. Some also have a thermistor that monitors internal house temperature & some just monitor the return water temperature.

This will take your home up to the desired temperature you want & set-back when you have a limited heat requirement.

So, a heat-loss calc is very, very important & running it at the lowest temperature possible is also important. You also need a buffer tank, regardless of the HP or the system.

Thanks Delta

I think i might buy a book and get myself realy genned up on it.
I prolly wont do it this year unluss the goverment firm up their tarrif scheme.
It's not going to be worth if they dont.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back