radiators-is ther any difference in quality or all the same.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi-im after fitting a brand new system to my property being a worcester 30cdi greenstar and now am after rads as the old ones are single convectors and approx 30 years old-so thinking of renewing for all double convectors.
just wondering if there are any radiators better made than others as been looking at a make called airfel and another called quinn-just want to know if these are anygood as with everyhing i suppose there is good makes and bad makes-just after a bit of advice as im a bit of a novice..

thanx don

Sponsored Links
Quinn I beleive use to be Barlo radiators , refered to as round tops eg the top of the rad is rolled as opposed to a welded seam type radiator , steel rads or ally rads are available at a price ?? generally use the De'Longhi rads myself come with grills ! there are of course numerous styles column rads ect so on & so forth , cost & looks there bye take your choice ?? :)

I use plumb center's own brand of rads. really good quality finish, its a round top upside down with panels on, so no sharp edges on show. They sell them at exactly the same price trade or not and they will have one on display in the branch and a fixed price list to take away.

Sponsored Links
Do Barlo still have that stupid system where the bleeding screw sits in a rad panel? If so, stay well away from them, they are pants.
Cheaper rads can be a bit less in finish quality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back