worcester greenstar 30 cdi or main combi 30 he ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im after getting my conventional boiler taken out which is a floor standing boiler(ideal mexico 2) with a tank in the bathroom and getting a combi boiler fitted thus doing away with the tank in the bathroom and freeing up some space..
im after fitting a decent branded boiler upto a 1000 pounds to supply only-so was looking at the worcester greenstar 30 cdi as been told these are easy to repair and have just 1 p.c.b. and also have had fitted in the past in another couple of propertys a main combi 30 he which is a baxi basically with a different badge and to tell you the truth have never gave me any problems and reasonably cheap being approx 600 pounds all in incl flu and timer so just after some more info from anyone out there....

dont mind paying a bit more for quality as hopefully gonna be a family home for a few years..

as for the ideal mexico 2 are these anygood and would it be worth even keeping this over getting a combi fitted at all..as getting this house on the end of this month and want to get dirty work out of the way first..

thanx

Sponsored Links
worcester greenstar are good boiler can not go too wrong with these
main are are actualy better than baxi cost more to make and are cheaper to buy
ideal mexico are expensive to run but if you are going to swap system know a good time as you can proably get few quite compative qouts due to lack work at the moment

worcester greenstar are good boiler can not go too wrong with these
main are are actualy better than baxi cost more to make and are cheaper to buy
ideal mexico are expensive to run but if you are going to swap system know a good time as you can proably get few quite compative qouts due to lack work at the moment
i have installed several worcester boilers and would recommend over most things quality piece of kit.

The worcester bosch cdi condenses in hw mode , the main does not. the wb has a varispeed grundfos alpha pump and needs no bypass, unlike the main, toy get more for your money with wb.

Sponsored Links
so was looking at the worcester greenstar 30 cdi as been told these are easy to repair and have just 1 p.c.b.

not as easy as a mexico to repair.and probably the mexico you have, will still outlast the combi your gonna have.

Personally i think WB has gone right down hill since Greenstar range, a lot of plastic and o rings with clips these days, almost reminds me of a Britony (Chaffataux), seen quite a few of the plastic blocks pin hole, and they are a real pain in the arse to work on (wouldnt be your problem), i mean in the mi's it advises to connect blow off before you put it on the wall, what????????? Prv has 2 be 1 of the most common parts to chage on boilers as a whole, so whats that about. I prefer the Main cheap and are actually a decent boiler in comparison to price, also has no safety critical seals which need changing everytime you have to clean it and not so much plastic inside, if you can stretch to a vaillant, imo these are aongst the best of the pre mixed burner boiler that i have seen about. But as someone said the Mexico will prob outlast the Combi, although ot sure if i would keep it

The worcester bosch cdi condenses in hw mode , the main does not. the wb has a varispeed grundfos alpha pump and needs no bypass, unlike the main, toy get more for your money with wb.
not sure on the other two but main does have a bypass

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back