Radiators Running Lukewarm when Heating Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm fairly handy but don't know boilers so well so please excuse me for any schoolboy errors here. We have a De Dietrich (model F67110**correction** - apparently this just means a French-made model. There are 2 "type" numbers on it: GT/GTM/GTU 1104V and MT 130) oil-fired boiler which provides hot water and central heating. It's recently started behaving a little "strangely". When we turn off the central heating using the thermostat (which I've recently replaced in case the old one was causing the problem) the radiators continue to remain lukewarm thereafter, for days on end. I don't know exactly how the central heating/hot water are linked/separated inside the boiler, but it feels to me like the hot water is heating the central heating circuit which is then being pumped around the radiators even though the heating is off. This would be great except presumably the boiler is having to fire up to re-heat the hot water so it is obviously costing extra money. I thought it might be a valve that's stuck somewhere but following the wires, I can't find any electric valves in the system. Does anyone have any ideas of what it might be or anything I can test/try?

I know all of you offer your opinions for free and on your own time so I really appreciate any thoughts/ideas you may have.

Thanks

NB

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The C Plan central heating was to start with rather basic with no motorised valve or domestic water thermostat, it did domestic water using thermo syphon and central heating with a pump, the programmer has only 10 options latter ones had 16, and often if the heating has been on it will thermo syphon even after turning the pump off.

Hi Eric - thanks for the reply. The problem is we've used this boiler for 10 years and it only started this a couple of weeks ago, so something has changed. My question really is what could have changed/be malfunctioning to cause this effect? For what it's worth there's also a pump on the hot water circuit on our boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back