Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am having a bit of trouble with my radiators. I had some pipes re-routed in my appartment, and ever since, the radiators have been making a bit of noise. It sounds like water flowing through them ever 30 secs or so. They are hot all the way through though. I have tried bleeding them, with the heating off as recommend. Can anyone please help? The boiler model is a Worcester Greenstar 24i junior.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I am having a bit of trouble with my radiators. I had some pipes re-routed in my appartment, and ever since, the radiators have been making a bit of noise. It sounds like water flowing through them ever 30 secs or so. They are hot all the way through though. I have tried bleeding them, with the heating off as recommend. Can anyone please help? The boiler model is a Worcester Greenstar 24i junior.

Have your new pipes supported & clipped properly. ;)

Daft reply there Bamber, whats that got to do with flow noise.

OP, check the valves on both ends of rads, has the installer used ball-o-fix isolation valves to fit new rads?

Have your new pipes supported & clipped properly. ;)

Hi heatingman, no new rads have been installed. There were redundant pipes that were removed but they were still connected to the system. The engineer bled the system once he removed the pipes and refilled it. He has said to just keep bleeding the rads but it doesn't seem to help - they are hot all the way through.

Sponsored Links
Daft reply there Bamber, whats that got to do with flow noise.

OP, check the valves on both ends of rads, has the installer used ball-o-fix isolation valves to fit new rads?

I could have gone all out & asked if he has had new valves fitted & are they bi-directional but i`ll leave that to you. ;)

Could be `dead legs` have you converted from unvented to a pressurised combi :?:

Please try and give advise relevant to question, read posts, avoid adding asumptions. No advise is far better than guessed advise.

Please try and give advise relevant to question, read posts, avoid adding asumptions. No advise is far better than guessed advise.

Appreciate your guidance, my advice stands, check out your new pipework. ;)

(It`s `advice` by the way). ;)

Sorry, don't know what "dead legs" are. Have had the Worcester Greenstar 24i junior since December without any problems. Could it be an air lock?

lee22";p="829500 said:
Sorry, don't know what "dead legs" are. Have had the Worcester Greenstar 24i junior since December without any problems. Could it be an air lock?[/quote

No, but it may be air in the system, bleed the pump in your combi then bleed your rads.

I have tried bleeding the rads, how would I go about bleeding the combi?

Dont concern yourself about deadlegs, not relevant to issue being discussed. Pump will self vent.

Are you aware how the engineer/plumber re-connected to system when the pipes re-routed. Have isolation valves been used?

Hi Heatingman, not sure how the system was reconnected. And don't think any valves were installed. All he did was get rid of nest of pipes and replace with 2 pipes going to a rad that was already installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back