Radio thermostat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

New house and I have a Worcester Bosch 28 CDi Combi boiler that works with a Radio Frequency thermostat. I decided to test the central heating before I need it - see if everything works.

The thermostat does not operate with the boiler. I have read solutions on other threads and tried the suggested methods.

The red light on the boiler console if always on. If I swtich on the heating, the boiler fires up even if the thermostat shows no demand for heat. I have turned off the boiler for 10 hours, taken the batteries out of the thermostat for the same duration.

Tried to reset the system - turn on the boiler, plug the batteries back in - correct order; but still the system will not work.

Is the thermostat knackered or should I have left it longer before resetting?

Sponsored Links
I would get hold of the control installation manual and follow the 'setting up' instructions

Assuming it is the Worcester branded Drayton built thermostat this is not untypical - sounds like you need a new one if you have followed the binding procedure to no avail.

Sponsored Links
Minder said:
Hello

New house and I have a Worcester Bosch 28 CDi Combi boiler that works with a Radio Frequency thermostat. I decided to test the central heating before I need it - see if everything works.

The thermostat does not operate with the boiler. I have read solutions on other threads and tried the suggested methods.

The red light on the boiler console if always on. If I swtich on the heating, the boiler fires up even if the thermostat shows no demand for heat. I have turned off the boiler for 10 hours, taken the batteries out of the thermostat for the same duration.

Tried to reset the system - turn on the boiler, plug the batteries back in - correct order; but still the system will not work.

Is the thermostat knackered or should I have left it longer before resetting?

Which model is it?.

The thermostat carries a Britsh Gas logo and RCH - Remote Central Heating. There is no other information on the unit as to make or model. I have followed the reset instructions in the manual (which was reproduced on another thread) without any results. The unit is identical to a Digistat RF thermostat, but a 1, 2 or 3 - i have no idea.

Working on the idea that I might be able to swap a new receiver for the old one without the need for an electrician, I searched the boiler for said receiver. Unless it is cleverly disguised I don't believe there is one present. Do I get an electrician or do I need a corgi fitter ?

Is the receiver installed inside the boiler housing - or is it external and wired in ?

I encountered a similar problem recently. It turned out the batteries in the thermostat were low. I put new ones in and everything has been fine since.

the reciever is on the boiler front panel- the lights/buttons that are on the boiler that say recieve/learn mode etc. access from the back of the flip down panel.

there is a way to reset the transmitter that isnt in the instructions. ill try to dig it out.

isnt it something to do with holding select and + at the same time.

i cant remember and ive not found my notes on it yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back