Radon protection.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Buying a bungalow in Devon that is 11 years old that already has a suspended floor and radon membrane fitted at build stage.

I wish to use my garage however as a hobbies room and would think no radon protection is present, is there an easy and cheap way to provide this, or should I just forget all about radon?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply.

Not concerned as bungalow has protection, just thought I would ask for thoughts regarding the garage, if there were others who had a positive and practical approach to this question.

Not certain but believe radon is only viewed as a problem with suspended floors and rooms underground because it can collect there.

Therefore your garage - unless underground - should not have any problems at all.

Sponsored Links
Never mind Radon - it`s orgone you should worry about :eek:

Never mind Radon - it`s orgone you should worry about

Please explain above statement!!

See the works of Wilhelm Reich

Thanks, I think I will pass on all of that theoretical rhubarb.!!!

Have you tried a geo survey risk search. Although much of Devon is affected by radon not all of it is. You might find it's in a clear patch.

Try here. Only costs three or four quid.

http://ukradon.org/search.php

According to Building Control the maps are no longer applicable/reliable and in Devon Radon Protection is mandatory wherever you are on the maps (for new build stuff only obviously).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back