rads cold at bottom......brown stuff in hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In continuation from last night, I am pretty sure there is only one tank in the attic. It is large. About 4 foot tall and it is covered, but I don't know what with. I have contacted a plumber who is coming next week.

In terms of the radiators which are all cold at the bottom and hot at the top, if we get it flushed out does anyone know how successful that is? Would it not be better to just take them off and pour the stuff away?

Sponsored Links
YOU might be sherlock, but whymake us hunt for your old posts!!
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54807

4ft tall probably means the tank has 2 parts inside it. How many pipes come out, how high?

Taking rads off and flushing with a hosepipe (banned?) and inverting for 10 minutes before repeating, is a GOOD way to clean rads. Imho its better than powerflushing if a suitable chemical was run round the system for a week or four, first.

I will find out how many pipes tomorrow. Very difficult to get into attic. Involves long ladder , dangerous climb, plus extremely dirty attic with the stour of 100years which means that regardless of the fact that you don't touch anything your clothes somehow become filthy up there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back