RADS NOT GETTING HOT ENOUGH!!

Thanks for all your replies (including the funny ones! )

I just teed off of a couple of 15mm's I found going to and from the kitchen rad.
That's probably the issue.

Any chance you can tell me "the issue"? ......pretty please!
Too much heat required for the amount of rads tee'd off that 15mm pipe. There's a limit to how much heat you can force down a pipe.
I would suggest you want to be teeing off the primary heating circuit where it's either 22mm or 28mm.

Sponsored Links
Turn all your radiators apart form these two down to a 1/4 turn open on the lockshield valve. All TRV's on max. Turn the heating on and see what happens. If you still don't get hot at these rad's then you need to go back to 22mm before teeing off.

you can get these rads the wrong way round,and certain ones upside down,there are baffles inside to send the water through the panels properly,this is on ones I have fitted very much like yours,also as has been said you may have too much 15 mm.

you can get these rads the wrong way round,and certain ones upside down,there are baffles inside to send the water through the panels properly,this is on ones I have fitted very much like yours,also as has been said you may have too much 15 mm.

Yes! Some of these "designer" rads are directional!

Edit: when testing in hot weather - you may need to remove the TRV heads to get heat into the rads! My smart roomstat (which is located in the coolest part of the house) was reading 29.4 degrees yesterday, at about 5:30pm :eek:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

Maybe why I have asked him twice for the make and model of his rads:rolleyes:

Ok @picasso : you get all the points :p

I wasnt after the "points" dilalio just fustrated that the op is asking for help but not posting any useful info.:mad:

Sorry, I don't have a clue. I'm trying to find the paperwork for them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back