Rads slow to heat - bigger pump required ?

Dropped the boiler output to 24kW and it runs for much longer, plus more heat appears to get into the rads overall.

There's still the issue that those rads closest to the boiler get hottest (and quickest) so I suspect that the system would benefit from proper balancing but, other than that, I'd have to say that its looking encouraging so far.. :D

Sponsored Links
Dropped the boiler output to 24kW and it runs for much longer, plus more heat appears to get into the rads overall.
That's encouraging! I would still work out the heat output from the rads - using Stelrad Catalogue or the quick way - and compare this with the 24kW you currently have the boiler set to as you may be able to reduce it even further.

I suspect that the system would benefit from proper balancing
That sounds a good idea. You can find info on balancing in the FAQs or I have given detailed instructions in other posts. See //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1068597#1068597

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back