Rain hitting window ledge very noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have pointed vertical clay tiles on the front wall of my house between the upper and lower windows

The rain loves to come off these tiles in huge drops making a huge noise on the lower window cill

I was thinking a plastic shelf under the lowest tile just above the downstairs window would push the rainwater out far enough for it to land in the soil below

Is there such a product?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Not really. While you can get window head drips, they would not project out far enough for the runoff to be clear of the cill below.

Sponsored Links
You could try altering the water surface behaviour of the tiles by coating with a water repellant like Thompsons Water Seal. Then the individual raindrops would splash off, rather than collecting on the surface of the tile to collect at the pointed end and drop downwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back