Rain on fresh poured concrete

Jeez, that makes the shed expensive,you could have had another 6 cubic metres of concrete for that!, what about laying down some sand, put a membrane over it and plonking flooring chipboard over that.

Sponsored Links
The problem is that, at the moment, the top of the concrete is only one course below the DPC of the house, so I'm extremely wary of raising the floor level by much. Admittedly the shed should be reasonably watertight - the roof is flashbanded to the brickwork, and the base has been sealed to the concrete, but I still don't want to risk doing anything which might risk rising damp.

The other problem with your suggestion is that, at some point, the shed is going to play home to my motor bike - and when it's balanced on its centre stand, that puts a load of around 250kg through two small (maybe inch square) steel pads. I don't think flooring chipboard would last long under that!

Regards,
Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back