Raindrain channel - draining to underground system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to lay Drainage channel across the front of my house where water pools from the sloping lawn along the paving edge. The garden has always been as it is with no changes since house built. But seems to be worsening over the last few months since the Winter storms where the ground is saturated and not draining/soaking away so much.

The channel would pass very near an rectangular inspection chamber, surface water network where the various gutter drain pipes connect.

Can I connect for the water to fall into the chamber from a connecting pipe through the chamber wall.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Any advice on the raindrain channel which would be 7 metres long along the existing access 3' x 2' paving slab walkway/pathway across the front of the house.

What/how do/should I do to connect to the underground drain network.

thanks

It may be your drain leading from the downpipes/chamber are insufficient for the additional garden collection and connecting it may overrun it during heavy rain. Better would be to form a french drainage system leading to a soakaway and leave the other system as it is and was designed for...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back