Rainshower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're planning on replacing the bathroom and the Mrs wants a rainshower - anyone got one, any hints, tips recommendations?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I got one. it has body jets, normal shower head and rain head cost about £200-£250
Very pleased with it. Although the valve control was a plastic knob. triton Nene Bar Mixer Shower With Diverter

Fitted loads of them - concealed and surface. You need to decide which you want and then look at brands. If you're going to sink the valve in the wall, get a decent one and find out how much replacement cartridges are for it because if you have hard water, you will need to change it in the future and manufacturers like to charge a lot for them (@£100) as they know it's still cheaper than disturbing the tiling to replace the whole valve. If you go surface mounted then servicing is easier/cheaper but you'll see all the pipework even though it'll be chrome plated it's more to keep clean and will take up space in the enclosure! You can get traditional and contemporary styles.
What supply do you have to your shower? What is your HW setup? Gravity fed? Direct?

We've just installed one. 250mm head, and you get very wet!

You can't scrimp on the hot water timing if you have a tank. "On all day" or a luke warm shower for the next person.

Sponsored Links
I guess you've all asked the questions I'm looking for help on. She wants the clean look, flush head in the ceiling, which is about 8ft high, it will have to be fed from my combi, as that's all I have and yes its a hard water area. She's basically looking for a minimalistic look, rain head, with a normal head for body washing, controls on the outside so you can turn it on and get it to temp before you get in. I've tried to steer her towards a Grohe 360 rainshower which is external but she not having any of it at the moment. She would go for one of these round heads sticking out of the ceiling perhaps.

Take a look at AquaLisa Quartz Digital. You can put the unit in the loft or under the bath and only need to pipe the mixed water to the outlets in the enclosure. The controls for temp, flow and diverter are done by data cable to a dial and you can multiple control points in various places... Even in the bedroom, next to the bed if you so wish (y)

Have fitted a dozen or so. Yes, they're good. You obviously won't need the pumped version as you have a combi!

Make sure whatever you buy is matched to the flow rate of your combi - if you get something that's designed for a much higher flow rate than your combi can deliver, you'll end up with very disappointing performance

Make sure whatever you buy is matched to the flow rate of your combi - if you get something that's designed for a much higher flow rate than your combi can deliver, you'll end up with very disappointing performance

+1, Yes!
OP: before you (the missus) starts "choosing curtains" make sure you know how big the window is!!!

Thnaks, I know what you mean, my combi is a Viessmann 100 35kw, not sure if that means this is do-able or not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back