Rainwater Iron Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to run an existing cast iron rainwater down pipe into a drain a few meters away.

Is it possible to attach modern plastic fittings to the bottom of it or do I need to replace the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
yes you can, but it depends on the size of the existing rainwater pipe as to if you can get a suitable size "adaptor" also the cast iron pipe will rust from the inside out, why not change the whole lot now rather than wait untill winter when you find the existing pipe has got another hole in it.

Depending on your area some local planning will not let you switch from cast iron to plastic pipe in conservation area and storm water must go to soakaway. (I give up!)

I have 2 cast iron rainwater downpipes to replace. One of them goes into a freshwater drain (well, it goes 6 inches to the left of the drain and needs moving) the other empties onto the concrete surface adjacent to my exterior wall - hence damp problems.

Sponsored Links
aaront, where are you based? I need a re-cliamed cast iron end piece as I "managed" to swip the end off one whilst trimming a yew tree. Doh! Would be interested in buying one to replace. House bulit 1935.

Rob - I'm in East Finchley, N2 North london.

You're welcome to the pipework when they come down.

Blimey aaront, I'm only a little way down the 406 from you. Small world, eh?

In that case can you recommend any good CORGI registered plumbers who would be willing to inspect & connect the new combi boiler I am installing?

All the pipework will be in place I just want someone to double check my qork and connect the gas supply at both ends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back