raise subfloor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to increase the height of my (concrete) subfloor in my dining room to match my kitchen. I will then float 'Engineered wood' right through.
I need about 12mm, height anyone suggest the best material to use.

eg chip board, OSB, etc.

Sponsored Links
I'd suggest that you read some recent posts on this very subject, and use the search facility. Your exact question has been covered many times.

Glad you took the time to write that.
some links would be a helpful thing.
I have tried searching recent posts, there are none on raising sub floor.
If I search all I get is links to Google adds, unhelpful.

Over concrete I'd use a screeding compound myself. Prob do 2 coats of a cheap screed like laybond ulimate or level it 2.

Or drill, plug and glue some 12mm plywood down.

Sponsored Links
You could yes but not as strong. Does the concrete have any damp in it.
Is it new?
Is it older then 1965 as it won't have a dpm under it.

You could yes but not as strong. Does the concrete have any damp in it.
Is it new?
Is it older then 1965 as it won't have a dpm under it.

IT's a 1953 house, the floor has been treated with Aquaprufe liquid dpm. I was going to put the Ply on top of that, followed by an underlay then the Engineered wood?

No mate. It needs to be fixed down. You be best gluing it down with some grip fill or similar.

Ok gripfill sounds like a good (easy) solution,
so I will go with 12mm ply stuck down with gripfill, some foam type underlay on top (also acts as a damp proof), and then float the Engineered wood on top of that.
Some products use a glueless click together system, I will probably try and use one of these.

cheers for the hlep.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back