Raised bathroom tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

The bathroom tiles next to the bathroom door have come up a bit making the door scrape when opening and closing. Just one tile mainly 7mm or so but the other 2 have come up also very slightly be couple of mm.

I sanded the door down to allow it to glide over which it did for a day but now the tile has come up further few mm and taken advantage of the extra space.

Don't believe this is down to a leak as when we got bathroom done there is a wall directly underneath from when an old extension was done bathroom guy had to grind it a bit to create space, so pretty sure this is causing upward pressure.

Anyway just wandering what cost I'd be looking at for a repair job, assuming lifting 3 tiles adhesive and grout. Just outside London by Heathrow if that impacts prices.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I am not a professional tiler, I have tiled many rooms but it is not my bread and butter.

My first hunch would be that your flooring is cupping upwards at that point. If you jump and down in the doorway, does the floor move?

What kind of tiles do you have?

It may not be possible to lift the tiles without breaking them.

Tiles over timber floors are supposed to be laid on decoupling mats

The person fixing things may need to cut through both the grout and the mat before attempting to lift anything.

Photos will help proper pros to advise you further.

Sorry, but I suspect that it will be far more work than popping off three tiles and sticking them back down. I may be wrong though. I doubt that any competent tiler will say, yeah, I can do in less than 2 hours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back