Raised bed lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I’ve built a raised bed which is a retaining wall as well, i was talking to a friend who said I should line the inside of the sleepers, just looking for advice, picture below.

I was initially thinking of putting gravel between the soil and the sleeper so it just drains but now I’m not so sure, I don’t want it rotting in a few years

All cuts have then been treated

thanks

Attachments

• 3721C3D1-9F70-4AF4-BBF9-2954A2393DEA.jpeg
    3721C3D1-9F70-4AF4-BBF9-2954A2393DEA.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 130
Sponsored Links
Thanks I’ll get some ordered, had I realised I would have fitted it as I built it!

There is a gap between the soil and the timber at the moment so if I were to drop it down the gap I could fix the top and the bottom would have to be held with the soil

I was advised against this when I did mine. As any water that would get down between the liner and the sleeper would not be able to escape and would not be able to breathe. So would always be damp. I was going to do it on all mine then decided against it.

Sponsored Links
I was intrigued by that liner - it's permeable - I'd probably use something like that when making another raised bed. They can dry out rather too fast otherwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back