raised decking

Sponsored Links
firstly can i say i have removed a lot of soil from the garden to level it. If i had added soil since the garden was on a slope(left to right of the house) then 30 cm would prob not have been an issue at all as it WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER 30 cm at the soils highest point ! but to save money on buying soil and since i needed a skip anyway i just removed copious amounts of soil to make it level ! Also my neighbour is a good friend and actually helped me a fair bit while building this deck. I have also been told that these 30cm building regs came into force (in scotland at least) in i think 2008 and this deck while not finnished by then was started before that. so its permissable ! hope this clears up any issues since i would not advocate doing anything at this cost or effort which may cause any issues

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back