decking bearers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it ok to use 2''x2'' bearers for decking on a concrete slab .There is a pergola over the slab so I need to keep height down

Sponsored Links
If the 2x2 is resting directly on the concrete then yes.

....and if the concrete it is on is smooth

....and if the concrete it is on falls with the correct slope

in other words, possibly yes, but in practise probably no.

IMHO

thanks for the replies.
no the concrete isnt smooth
no it doesn't fall away with correct slope .
I was going to use plate washers under bearers to get correct level .
Another option was a using ,the deck tiles from B @ Q.They sit inside a frame and come in a kit .Is this an option or would i have the same problems .[/img]

Sponsored Links
what sort of arae are we talking about? you can do it, although youre better off using 4 x 2 turned on its side. The timber can be levelled with shims and plugged and screwed to the concrete. I wouldnt recomend it for a large area, but we do outside of doors etc where you have to get under a door threshold.

Thermo said:
what sort of arae are we talking about? you can do it, although youre better off using 4 x 2 turned on its side. The timber can be levelled with shims and plugged and screwed to the concrete. I wouldnt recomend it for a large area, but we do outside of doors etc where you have to get under a door threshold.

the area is 3 metres x 3 metres

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back