Decking stakes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Quick question hopefully :).

I am about to build a 4.8m x 3.0m deck attached to a wall along one of the 4.8m sides.

The ground is a little uneven. I can sit the decking bearers on slabs at the other 4.8m side of the rectangle so all 4 corners will be well supported.

Now for in between, this is where it is a lttle uneven. Can I use stakes driven into the ground to support these? I can also use slabs on the ground in some areas inside the bearer frame.

Considering they will not be holding the frame by themselves. Can I just drive them in or do I really need to concrete them?

If I need to concrete them, do I need a special spade? My spade looks like it would make much to large a hole :).

What size of stakes do I need?

Thank you in advance for your expert help!

Paul

Sponsored Links
You need to concrete them in, scroll down the gardening section for dozens of threads answering the same question.

Stakes will be fine as long as they are additional support.

Cut a 45 at the bottom, cut them long and drive them in with a sledge hammer as far as you can, screw to the joists and cut off flush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back