Raising floor level to tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya!

I've a wetroom tray on it's way which will take up one end of a 4' x 12' room, it's about an inch deep so the rest of the room needs raised to meet it. No big deal as the next rooms floor is higher anyway as it was built with this in mind.

Now then the existing floor is concrete... it's as close to flat / level as i'd hope but not exact. What i'd like to do is buy an 8' x 4' sheet of some sort of wood and stick it down with adhesive so i can level it and get it spot on, also flush with the shower area. I should mention the whole area will be tanked later.

Is this do-able? And if what products would you recommend? If not, how would you tackle it?

Many thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
Why have you produced a concrete slab finished surface that now needs to be raised with a sheet of ply?
How come the "wetroom tray" was not on site before any concrete work?

I dont see how i could advise you without an understanding of the whole job esp. FFL's, and shower enclosure.

Sorry if i was vague.

The tile former is made by marmox and actually 20mm deep. After a few hours on google i'm ordering 20mm marmox multi board to raise the rest of the floor equally - i wasn't aware this product existed. :confused:

Wouldn't level screed by faster to lay? Some screeds can do 50mm in 1 go, and requires very little work to lay.

Sponsored Links
Self levelling compound might be easier but on the plus side I'd guess that Marmox has the merit if insulating the tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back