Raising level of inspection chamber cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of leveling up my front garden and converting it to shingle after the lovely turf slapped down by the builders sunk about 4 to 5 inches into the lumpy clay beneath. Within the existing lawn area exists an Osmadrain 4D325 sealed inspection chamber cover and frame. This frame covers the chamber that is connected directly to my downstairs loo, and is about 3 inches below the present surface level, and will be about 8 inches . 200 mm below my target ground level.

Is there anyway of extending the cover to the new ground level, or would it be better to build something around the cover and cover with a 600 x 600 x 50 mm paving slab before shingling over?

Thanks,

Dave

Sponsored Links
With most chambers like this you can simply remove the cover and frame section and add a few new rings and replace.

There are 3 sections.

1. The chamber base with the channels in it
2. The 'rings' which form the shaft
3. The cover and frame which simply fits into the rings.

If its in a garden it won't be concreted in and so pretty easy to sort out.

If you go to the builders merchants with the cover and frame and tell them what you are wanting to do they should easily be able to understand and give you the extension rings you need. Then simply cut them to the desired height and slot it all back in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back