Replacement cover for drain inspection chamber

23 Jan 2022
Reaction score
United Kingdom
There is a terracotta surface water drain inspection chamber in my garden where the existing cover frame is corroding, and given I currently have that area of the garden dug up, I want to put a replacement frame and cover on the chamber. This will have been installed in the early 1980s when the estate was built.

Currently, the frame rests on top of the inspection chamber riser, and can be lifted off.

Working out what size cover and frame I need to buy is proving challenging. There are numerous sizes available but it's often unclear which measurement is being referred to in the product specifications.

I've attached a couple of images showing the inspection chamber, and existing cover and frame, annotated with the measurements.

Any pointers on what size (or even specific products I should look at) would be much appreciated.

Many thanks


  • IMG_0769.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0770.jpg
    743 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0771.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links