Raising stop tap cover on drive

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My iron stop tap access hatch (the external one on the drive) has sunk about 30mm and gets covered in crud. I need to lift it while making driveway repairs.

From what I can see they don't sit on brick / concrete like a normal inspection hatch, but use some sort of proprietary unit like this.

To raise the cover, can I just lift it and bed on fine concrete or do I need to do something special like fit a longer pipe? Do they just use standard 110mm soil pipe or is it something special?

Thanks

bsr

Sponsored Links
If it’s cast iron, I doubt it’ll be in a chamber like that. Probably be able to use some underground soil pipe and bed on cement yes.

• Thanks
Reactions: bsr
Thanks. The pipe looks like clay so I guess it's old 6" clay soil pipe. I'll just cut out the cover and bed it on some concrete then. I'm not trying to break that pipe out unless I have no other option!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back