Raising the lawn to patio level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have very clayish soil in my garden and wanted to do a project to lay a new turf, but in the same time wanted to raise the lawn level to match the patio level. However am not sure what would be the best method to add the soil where the patio end/sideboards are? Should I put something in front of these boards, like sleepers, to secure it, or am I trying to overengineer it and these boards will be fine?

Any advice appreciated!
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_20220919_130455.jpg
    IMG_20220919_130455.jpg
    826.8 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
no idea, but with a clay soil the wood at the edge will stay quite wet and hence rot quicker. but not sure what you could do to stop that.

It'd be much simpler to lower the patio if you want them level...but why make work for yourself?

Can't lower it unfortunately, but interesting thought though

Sponsored Links
The simplest solution i can see is to dig out the grass verge around the decking, which looks awkward to mow, then lay down some weed matting and cover with gravel/slate. Put a divider between the grass and gravel verge to keep it tidy. Job done.
Oh, and perhaps clean up the wood as your decking looks a bit, er, 'tired'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back