RAK Geberit leaking into pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a patently quite old RAK slimline cistern and aged Geberit flush and fill assemblies, and one of these is leaking permanently into the pan. Occasionally causing the fill to trigger too.

I don't know which part to replace and assume (due to the fact I have a newer model of the same in the downstairs loo with different components) that whatever it was has probably been discontinued by now

My questions then, which bit is faulty, can I fix it or is it a swap out, what parts do I need and is it going to test my competency :D

I checked out a couple of similar posts but they don't quite tell me what I need (or I need more confirmation please)

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 20221212_173652.JPG
    20221212_173652.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 102
  • 20221203_092345.JPG
    20221203_092345.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20221203_092334.JPG
    20221203_092334.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 141
Sponsored Links
Can't tell for certain from your pics ,but it seems that the water level is reaching the spillover point of the overflow tube ,is it ??
If it is ,the float valve needs adjusting ,or possibly replacing as it's letting too much water into the cistern.
If water isn't going down the overflow ,and water level in cistern is ok ,then the flush valve seal is probably letting by.

Thanks for your reply.
It's not the overflow but searching other posts I'm guessing it could be tiny bubbles in the seal as it seems to be a problem with these units whether it's the Geberit 230, 240 or 260 which mine appears to be.
I'll isolate the cistern and give it a look this weekend and get popping bubbles if I find any :D

Sponsored Links
... and, it's fixed. With a sharp knife to pop two large bubbles. Now I'm worried about the stop cock dripping black :/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back