Geberit flushpipe leaking below cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new to the forum but here goes.

I have a geberit montage system and the flushpipe to cistern is leaking, it only leaks when the flush is used, presumabley it needs a new seal and clip/ My question is, can i changed this seal and clip without dismantling the pan setup?

Sponsored Links
http://www.lmgtfy.com/

Sorry but yours is a typical first post, try finding a picture of your toilet and post a link then see if you can get the parts on line and post a link.

maybe then when we can all see what your on about you will get a response.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mark, yes it is braced, and it is still at 90 degrees to the cistern, doesn't look as though it could have dropped.

Dave

Because of the (bad) design of the flush pipes on some modern concealed flush pipes (sharp 90° instead of swept) water hits the bottom of the bend at a rate of knots instead of sweeping round, with the adverse effect you do not want in a concealed installation.

To make matters worse, some start out as 2" and reduce to 11/2".

Just had a quick grovel around the back of the cistern and managed to look at it sideways on, and the flushpipe is raised slightly towards the cistern bottom, therefore it is not level as required in the diagram.

as you may have guessed the flushpipe is 50mm tapered to 40mm to the pan, as shown here, this is my system.
http://www.tapoutlet.co.uk/geberit-...matic-cistern.html?source=cj_3924303_11045310
My questions are:

1. Could changing the seal in the cistern outflow cure the leak?
2. Can the flushpipe be removed without dismantling the toilet pan?

I have accsess to the required parts

Cheers Dave

1. Probably not possible as it's a push fit joint. Did you say it is available as a spare?
2. Yes' if you cut it, but the pan will have to come offf to fit the new one, or if you fit a new seal in the cistern outlet.

The leak is probably due to the f/pipe not being square in the outlet.

Thanks Mark, yes the seal is available as a spare plus holding clip.
I didn't really want to disturb the pan.

Does this sound feasable----

!. cut the flushpipe and remove
2. remove old cistern seal and clip
3. replace the cistern seal and clip
4. replace the flushpipe and make good the cut with a push fit straight connector (drainage type)
5. brace the flushpipe

I know it is a bit of a bodge job, but i really don't want to move the pan.

Cheers Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back