Ram Upgrade

Sponsored Links
If it's compatible and you have a spare slot, then yes it is easy.

Get a small screwdriver and open up the panels on the underside until you find the ram slots to make sure there is space. In some instances the manufacturers use smaller memory modules to save money, and fill all the slots. Or in some machines (I know some Acer Ferrari's) you need to remove the keyboard to add more ram.

Once you've established there is a slot free, get on Crucial's website and use their configurator to find a match.

Firstly go on manufactureres website, it will normally tell you what kind of memory you need. It may also allow you to put in the seriel number of the machine and tell you waht it was shipped with and what it can be upgraded to.

Most now even offer PDF files with instructions as to where to find the slots for the upgrade..... Beats taking out too many or the wrong screws... then re-fitting them and over tightening them.... Ooops... one knackered laptop....

Oh and dont forget the AntiStatic Procedures when handling your new memory....Most people forget this.... and then wonder why thier new RAM upagrade only lasts a few months...... (Not n all cases i might add)...

Sponsored Links
Oh and dont forget the AntiStatic Procedures when handling your new memory....Most people forget this.... and then wonder why thier new RAM upagrade only lasts a few months...... (Not n all cases i might add)...

I've worked in the industry for 20 years and I've never seen anyone use an antistatic device......... Mind you seen lots of dead computers :LOL:

Back