Ramraiders pt2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since my last post was hijacked by people **** taking about my age and similar, I thought I'd start again, to show you how much damage the youth of today see fit to cause to get a couple of cases of Stella.

The youths reversed a stolen Mitsubishi Shogun through a vinyled double glazed glass window. They then found behind the window was a breeze block wall. Oh, then there was a multideck remote chiller unit, weighing the best part of half a ton.

DSC01059-Copy.jpg

DSC01047-Copy.jpg

The chiller you see at a funny angle there had been shoved right across the aisle, you can see where the main impact was behind it where the plasterboard has been broken (though some of this was to board up the hole). Amazingly the chiller was still working, it was turned off as a precaution, since its refrigerant pipes had bent and twisted.

I have blanked out parts of these photos so you cannot make out the company or location of the store.

I estimate the damage repair bill for the building will be in the region of £8000 - to board up the hole, replace the windows, make good the brickwork outside, skip, rebuild internal breeze block wall, plasterboard, decorate.

We lost £2600 of trade yesterday, week on week, due to being shut all morning for SOC officers, and having no meat, chilled goods or milk on display. Took half our normal sunday takings.

The thieves took two cases of Stella, a bottle of vodka and a bottle of shampoo or similar. About £30-40 of stock. :(

Makes me ashamed that I have to breathe the same air as these idiots.

Moderators feel free to delete any off topic posts and **** takes. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I estimate the damage repair bill for the building will be in the region of £8000 - to board up the hole, replace the windows, make good the brickwork outside, skip, rebuild internal breeze block wall, plasterboard, decorate.

Right lads, get your quotes in!

Don't worry about it Steve, it's not your money is it. I'd suggest installing some metal shutters, and I suggest you suggest it to your 'higher ups'

May not stop a vehicle at full pelt but they'll probably discount the idea of targeting your shop in the first place.

ps. how do you know they took a bottle of shampoo? I'd suggest the police interview all local winos who appear to have particularly shiny and dandruff free hair.

Our company's own works dept will probably end up doing the work.

In front of the ATM (further down this same wall) there is two plastic-fibre composite bollards, to stop them hitting that. I think we'll probably get these all the way along now.

One of the theives got a box of Stella, and disappeared down towards the haircare / bath products. About 3 seconds later he emerged, I assume he got something from there. Cant be sure though, the images are very grainy with the lights being off - only the first aisle where they broke in were the lights on, and the camera on this aisle is obscured by the fridge being shoved across the aisle!

Never mind, lightening never strikes twice and all that . . .

And they used a disabled bay to effect their unusual penetration :eek: this is almost as exciting as the Great Train Robbery :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
A Florida farmer went out one day and bought a brand new stud rooster from up in Canada for his chicken coop. The new rooster struts over to the old rooster and says,
"OK old fart, time for you to retire."
The old rooster replies, "Come on, surely you cannot handle ALL of these chickens. Look what it has done to me. Can't you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?" The young rooster says, "Beat it: You are washed up and I am taking over." The old rooster says, "I tell you what, young stud. I will race you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets the exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop." The young rooster laughs. "You know you don't stand a chance, old man. So, just to be fair, I will give you a head start."
The old rooster takes off running. About 15 seconds later the young rooster takes off running after him. They round the front porch of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap.
He is only about 5 feet behind the old rooster and gaining fast. The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front porch when he sees the roosters running by. The Old Rooster is squalking and running as hard as he can. The Farmer grabs his shotgun and - BOOM - he blows the young rooster to bits. The farmer sadly shakes his head and says,
"Darn.....third gay rooster I bought this month."

Moral of this story? ....

Don't mess with the OLD FARTS - age, skill, wisdom, and a little treachery will always overcome youth and arrogance!

Back