Ran Out Of Oil

Sponsored Links
i have found the manual that came with the boiler, inside there is a diagram of the pump.
On the side of the pump there are 2 valves one is labeled Pump Pressure Adjustment and the other is Pressure Gauge Port/Air Bleed.

should i close the valve at the oil tank when i go to bleed the pump ?

please use the
icon_edit.gif
button to add to your post

Sponsored Links
open tank fully. on the pump, below the adjusting screw slot (black in colour) is a blank, undo this slightly, fire up burner, have loads of rag to hand, loads of froth should come out , you can blip the boiler stat on /off to beat the lockout.
riellos can be ****s to bleed, give it a few goes, say 5 ..loads of froth. then nip up the nut/blank and go for lift off.
you can crack open flexi first.....but they can leak @ pump if not careful..thats another story,

there are other ways.....but im keeping this "customer friendly" :D
cos we dont want lots of kero p£ssing about everywhere :LOL:

Worked a charm, cheers wilhelm.
I now have a warm house !! :LOL:

Would be so great if we had a photo. I am freeeeezing here.

Have the same boiler Riello RDB

Photo is below

HELP Much appreciated!

Image034-1.jpg

TaraChoules, what a pretty burner. So what's the problem. Help is impossible to give unless you say. But start your own topic rather than hijack this one.

Hi

Same problem as the topic title hence I added here!

Thought the photo would help.

Had the plumber out to bleed boiler now I know how :LOL:

I think I may start another topic with photos to show exactly how it's done for all wannabe DIY'ers!

Thanks,
T

let me start by saying this is all new to me. I am having the same problem with a riello burner after the tank went dry and was wondering if anyone managed to post how you would actually bleed one of these burners :confused:

Thanks in advance

Nice burner, shame about the position of the filter & firevalve. And it's weeping :rolleyes:

You'd be better off getting an engineer in as if you have run the tank dry then you may well have sucked some dirt etc and blocked your filters. Could prove a problem in the future.

Seriously, get someone in it's cheaper than a house fire or fuel flood.

Good luck.

Hi Paffman,

Fortunatly my burner does not have the filter and firestop installed in this way as shown in the picture. As far as i can remember the filter is on the tank just after the valve. If it is just a case of bleeding the burner then i am sure i would be capable of this. I have read that once i take the housing off the burner i should see an allen key bolt on the left side which i turn to let the air out of the system. Wait 3 minutes and repeat the process until i have a steady flow of oil (correct me if i am wrong)

Start your own thread and don't hijack. The answer has been posted here already if your problem is the same as the original posters, and wilhelm posted the answer. Otherwise do as Paffman says and get someone in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back