Random Thought!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently replaced the felt on my roof. Recently, while inspecting the bottom row of felt, I noticed a lot of debris. This included tiny pieces of concrete tiles, little bits of wood from the battens and general muck. All of which, could potentially tear/puncture the membrane.

It could be argued that the bottom course of membrane is the most important, as rainwater which gets past the tiles has to run here before getting to the eave support tray, then the gutter.

Given the importance of the bottom course of membrane and the fact that it likely to takes more punishment, wouldn't it make sense to apply two layers of breathable membrane on the bottom course?

Or is there a good reason, not to do this?

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't that just trap moisture and the general crud. Better to do a tidy job in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back