random tiling pattern for rectangular tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have some 75 x 300mm tiles that I am using to create a shower enclosure and basin splashback in our new shower room. I was intending to lay them horizontally and repeat the pattern with a half tile so they are offset by half the tile length, and repeat. That said, just looking at one of the tile images I have noticed that the pattern appears to be laid 'random', which I think actually looks a bit better and will presumably be easier as well. Apart from making sure I don't end up with slithers at the end, any other pointers?

The particular image is this one I was looking at (wall with the mirror):

ezgif-3-208630611a.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Whatever floats your boat, though why have they done regular tiles on the window return and the narrow bit at the end? It looks wrong to mix the two patterns.

Looks very nice to me. Even if the tiles are not shifted, they will still look very nice when the quality of work is high..

Sponsored Links
Looks very nice to me. Even if the tiles are not shifted, they will still look very nice when the quality of work is high..

I agree I quite like how they've done that. Not brave enough though to try it in my own bathroom and the shower cubicle I have is two walls 900 x 900mm so wouldn't really work doing the two walls in different patterns. Will stick with the random pattern for my one- probably overthinking how to lay it out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back