Range Cooker Doors Colour Change

Hi Hysteresis,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and for your detailed email. I will certainly try this before looking to replace the whole appliance. I’m in Suffolk so quite a distance from Cleveland anyway!

I’ll get googling now!

Many thanks again, it is really appreciated.

Best wishes,

Annabel

Sponsored Links
Hi, ive been Googling ‘powder coating oven doors ‘ and found these posts...I have a 25 year old green Rangemaster and was thinking of powder coating the doors blue. I see a previous poster is from Cleveland. I’m in Cleveland too, any help and info as to where to get this done would be great.
Thanks.

Hi Efemeraink.
I had my cooker doors powder coated about 8 years ago. It was very successful and easy to do, but the Powder coating company I used sold out to another Powder coating company and they are still in operation at the same address, The company is now called Multicoat, and located in Florence Street in Middlesbrough Tel 01642 211828 their web address is www.powdercoatinguk.com. They may not deal with the public but certainly worth a try.
The doors lasted as well as the original doors and were still as good as new when I disposed of the cooker Last year. I disposed of the cooker because a relatively minor fault was going to cost a lot to repair so I bought a new cooker instead of fixing it.
Any Powder Coating Company will do the job and there are quite a few around. Your cooker being 25 years old may not be worth the expense, having said that I wanted to replace my cooker with a similar Rangemaster Glass top lid cooker which for some odd reason, no manufacturers do these days.
Hope this information is of some use.

Thanks for the reply... I’m having trouble finding an all gas cooker with large ovens there’s about 4 colours available none of which I like ( I want a pale blue). Lacanche do fabulous colours and offer half gas but at a serious price! No manufacturers offer the warming plate or the in built griddle anymore... my green Rangemaster is in good condition so I thought powder coating might be an option...I’ll give it a go. Thanks again for the info it’s much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The Falcon is a lovely colour but it’s all electric which I really don’t want. I’m old school and want all gas especially after the fiasco yesterday with my Daughters electric oven... no crispy crackling and Yorkshires like pancakes!
New fascias are still available. I want to change the knobs and handles to chrome instead of brass and the fascia is available with silver icons. We’ll see how it goes.

The Falcon is a lovely colour but it’s all electric which I really don’t want. I’m old school and want all gas especially after the fiasco yesterday with my Daughters electric oven... no crispy crackling and Yorkshires like pancakes!
New fascias are still available. I want to change the knobs and handles to chrome instead of brass and the fascia is available with silver icons. We’ll see how it goes.
Huh ! They do gas versions !!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back