Range Rover Evoque with many faults(now there's a surprise)

Reaction score
Dystopia, a small island too close to Europe
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter's POS Evoque has broken down again, it's had a right hissy fit. She mentioned a while back it sometimes struggled to start, and it has sat idle for a few days, and this morning this
1703855113962.jpg1703855113973.jpg1703855113983.jpg1703855114004.jpg1703855114004.jpg1703855114015.jpg1703855114029.jpg1703855114044.jpg
Could it just be the battery on its way out?

Sponsored Links
I'm definitely no expert, but many of those warnings seem to be related to automated driving systems that rely on forward facing sensors.
I've seen similar posts where snow has blocked the sensors, causing these sorts of warnings.
Is the Evoque dirty after sitting idle for a few days?
But as you mention, it may be worth changing the battery anyway!

Further reading, 2WD warning may relate to a problem with the solenoid in the Haldex unit...

Last edited:
Would never try and diagnose anything from the pictures.

Needs a full diagnosis. And a battery test obviously

Sponsored Links
Most electrical problems like that on Evoques are related to battery issues. How old is the battery? Is it a stop/start model? If the stop/start has stopped working, thats normally one of the first signs that the battery is on the way out.

Most electrical problems like that on Evoques are related to battery issues. How old is the battery? Is it a stop/start model? If the stop/start has stopped working, thats normally one of the first signs that the battery is on the way out.
Not sure if it is stop start, but the car is 4or5 years old, so original battery I think.

I had to replace the battery on my Daughters vogue just before christmas. The battery had a voltage of 12.2v. that was low enough to send the car into a hissy fit.
Previously it had a frayed can bus wire. Now that was a right drama.

Evoque's are known as E.jokes for a reason.

As a long term owner of several LR (not JLR) products I mourn the decline of one of the world's most respected brands.
But that's the world today, everything is disposable.

My A6 started doing this and it was the battery.
Although, at 13 years of age, I found that the battery had a good run.

Sponsored Links
Back